Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Invasion of Gaul

Here is a quick report on an ancient battle at the club last month. The Romans are trying to invade Gaul, and I don't want them to do that. We are using my father's homebrewed Legion vs. Horde rules.
Without further adieu, here is the battle.
 The Roman battle line is lined up against us.
 
My battle line is also quite fearsome.
My leader, Vercingetorix, watches the skirmish battle...
 And the inevitable skirmish rout.
 My cavalry on the right flank gets stuck in and appears to be winning.
Until some of it routs.
The front rank of Gauls charges and wipes out some Roman velites.
I have the first charge on the Romans.
We do some more inconclusive cavalry fighting on the right.
The infantry clash quickly degrade into utter chaos on the right.
On the left, I have routed the Roman auxiliaries. Labienus over there looks confused.
I am looping around his left flank.
My infantry on my right got flanked by the victorious Roman cavalry.
We charge on the left. This battle is rotating.
Vercingetorix surveys his collapsing flank with dismay.
Ambiorix becomes the last man on the Gallic right flank. Not good.
The lines have completely degenerated into utter chaos on both sides.
 My cavalry successful charges into the flank of a Roman unit, leaving me victorious.
 
I always enjoy playing at the club, as it gives me a chance to play against someone other than my father and therefore a chance to actually win and to experience different play styles. This one came down to the wire. The game has a chit draw based activation system, and if my chits had not come up first, I would have lost. I am pleased with my performance, as I played it how Gauls are meant to be played and I emerged victorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment