Sunday, March 30, 2014

Clash of Shieldwalls

I got a new game, War of Ashes: Shieldwall, by Zombiesmith!
So, naturally, I had to play with it quite a good amount. It also has nice shiny figures that my father decided to paint s striking shade of blue. It is a pretty normal game from the maneuver and tactics standpoint, but it has very unique background text and also a unique combat system. I hope to play more of this and show it off to you in a couple of weeks. Now, onto the pictures. They focus upon the most entertaining pats of three different battles we fought.
Our shieldwalls lock in an introductory combat to familiarize ourselves with the system.
Shiiiiiiny new toooys!
This is where the unique combat system comes into play: the initial clash turns into a swirling melee.
The combat degenerates into a mess, and the Jaarl hold the upper hand.
I lost that one, but here is a picture of my mighty Ylark hitting some frail skirmishers. Havoc ensues.
They do eventually kill it. Sad day.
Here is the third battle.
My ylarks line up for a devastating charge.
One goes in on the tough unit full of Rigenti, the Jaarl's elite fighters.
Nice spray of blood there.
Sadly, the Jaarl preempt my ylark on the right.
 My last ylark charges in aflame.
The Jaarl just wreck this unit.
Yup. We're going down.
 
All in all, a fun series of games. You will see me play this game again. See you in a couple of weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment